October 13th, 2014
Call for Proposals now open!
The Lead 3.0 Symposium Planning Team invites you to submit a proposal to present a concurrent session or workshop at the 2015 Lead 3.0 Symposium, to be held April 16-18, 2015 at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach Hotel. Concurrent session will be held April 16-17 and workshops will be held the morning or April 18th. Proposals are due November 11, 2014. Click here to submit your proposal. If you have any questions please contact Danelle Bowron via email at email@example.com or at 916-444-3216.
September 9th, 2014
We’re pleased to announce the dates and location for the 2015 Lead 3.0 Symposium! This year’s event will be held April 16-17, 2015 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and Marina, Redondo Beach. The planning team is excited to return to Southern California and this new location will wow you with it’s proximity to major airports, shopping, dining and the best feature: FREE WI-FI in your room and in the meeting space.
Check back here soon for links to hotel reservations and registration as well as more information on keynote speakers and the opportunity to present at this event – don’t miss out!
April 25th, 2014
The curtain’s down on the most-attended Symposium ever—270 people, a new record for us! The convening organizations thank all the partners, presenters, Marriott staff and everyone else who contributed to making the event a success. Next April, we’ll be somewhere in Southern California. Sign up here and you’ll be among the first to know exactly where and when!
April 10th, 2014
The curtain went up today on the 2014 Symposium with 9 special workshops and more than 60 people attending the Open Educational Resources Summit. A few important points for all attendees:
- Registration is in the Inspire Lobby, opposite the elevator to the meeting rooms. It will be staffed at 7 AM each morning. This is where you check in for the Symposium.
- Free WiFi is available for all our attendees in the meeting rooms and immediate vicinity. On your device, choose SSID Marriott-CONF. Select “I have a passcode” and enter passcode lead3
- Overnight hotel guests receive free self-parking.
- Others get 50% of self-parking. You must validate your parking card at the our registration table. Pay by credit card as you exit or use the machine by the hotel main entrance to pay with cash.
- View the program on your smartphone. Open your browser and go to m.lead3.org.
OER Open House – Thursday
Will you be in the hotel this afternoon? Net Texts invites everyone who is registered for the Symposium to the Open Educational Resources Open House in Inspire 1 from 4:45 to 6 PM. Enjoy complimentary hors’doeuvres and chat with OER enthusiasts. Plus, there’s a free drink ticket to the first 80 people in the door!
March 3rd, 2014
Don’t plan to leave early or you’ll miss a great closing keynote! Sylvia Martinez will speak on “The Maker Movement: What School Leaders Need to Know.” The Maker Movement is a global revolution celebrating creativity, ingenuity, problem-solving, and lifelong learning using modern tools and technology. Sylvia is co-author of Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering the Classroom, a book that has been called the “bible of the classroom maker movement.” Sylvia comes to us courtesy of Construction Modern Knowledge. Read more about this exciting part of our program.