April 25th, 2014
The curtain’s down on the most-attended Symposium ever—270 people, a new record for us! The convening organizations thank all the partners, presenters, Marriott staff and everyone else who contributed to making the event a success. Next April, we’ll be somewhere in Southern California. Sign up here and you’ll be among the first to know exactly where and when!
April 10th, 2014
The curtain went up today on the 2014 Symposium with 9 special workshops and more than 60 people attending the Open Educational Resources Summit. A few important points for all attendees:
- Registration is in the Inspire Lobby, opposite the elevator to the meeting rooms. It will be staffed at 7 AM each morning. This is where you check in for the Symposium.
- Free WiFi is available for all our attendees in the meeting rooms and immediate vicinity. On your device, choose SSID Marriott-CONF. Select “I have a passcode” and enter passcode lead3
- Overnight hotel guests receive free self-parking.
- Others get 50% of self-parking. You must validate your parking card at the our registration table. Pay by credit card as you exit or use the machine by the hotel main entrance to pay with cash.
- View the program on your smartphone. Open your browser and go to m.lead3.org.
OER Open House – Thursday
Will you be in the hotel this afternoon? Net Texts invites everyone who is registered for the Symposium to the Open Educational Resources Open House in Inspire 1 from 4:45 to 6 PM. Enjoy complimentary hors’doeuvres and chat with OER enthusiasts. Plus, there’s a free drink ticket to the first 80 people in the door!
March 3rd, 2014
Don’t plan to leave early or you’ll miss a great closing keynote! Sylvia Martinez will speak on “The Maker Movement: What School Leaders Need to Know.” The Maker Movement is a global revolution celebrating creativity, ingenuity, problem-solving, and lifelong learning using modern tools and technology. Sylvia is co-author of Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering the Classroom, a book that has been called the “bible of the classroom maker movement.” Sylvia comes to us courtesy of Construction Modern Knowledge. Read more about this exciting part of our program.
January 22nd, 2014
Online registration is now available. Go for it!
Paper and fax registration will be available soon.
January 20th, 2014
Finally, what you’ve all been waiting for: the 2014 program is posted. You’ll find names of the workshop leaders. The names of the other presenters will be added shortly. Note the little “print” icon at the top of the Program; it makes it easy to print a copy if you need one for your travel request or other purpose.
Registration will open shortly. In the meantime, here is the fee structure for this year to help with your planning:
- Symposium registration
- $299 per person for Sympoisum registration, Friday-Saturday (includes keynote luncheon on Friday).
- $225 per person for 3+ people registering together (team rate)
- $99 for administrators-in-training (i.e. in an administrator preparation program but not currently working in an administrator position)
- OER Summit (Symposium registration required)
- $49 for AM only (OER 101)
- $99 for PM only (Deep Dive into OER)
- $129 full day (includes AM and PM sessions + luncheon)
- Thursday workshops (Symposium registration required)
- $99 for 3-hour workshops (except OER 101)
- $199 for Google Workshop for Educational Leaders
- Get a Tablet and Put It to Work (Fee includes device you choose.)
- $599 iPad Air
- $499 iPad Mini
- $399 Chromebook
- $1,049 Surface Pro