January 17th, 2014
In addition to our regular Thursday workshops, we have a new offering this year: the OER Summit!
Open Educational Resources (OER) are teaching and learning materials freely available for use, reuse, adaptation and sharing—without charge. Interest in OER is burgeoning! Join colleagues and state and national experts for a thorough briefing and introduction to the world of Online Educational Resources. AM session provides an overview; PM is a “deep dive.” Attend AM, PM, or the whole day—all for just $49! Generously underwritten by Net Texts, Inc.
March 3rd, 2014
Don’t plan to leave early or you’ll miss a great closing keynote! Sylvia Martinez will speak on “The Maker Movement: What School Leaders Need to Know.” The Maker Movement is a global revolution celebrating creativity, ingenuity, problem-solving, and lifelong learning using modern tools and technology. Sylvia is co-author of Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering the Classroom, a book that has been called the “bible of the classroom maker movement.” Sylvia comes to us courtesy of Construction Modern Knowledge. Read more about this exciting part of our program.
January 22nd, 2014
Online registration is now available. Go for it!
Paper and fax registration will be available soon.
January 20th, 2014
Finally, what you’ve all been waiting for: the 2014 program is posted. You’ll find names of the workshop leaders. The names of the other presenters will be added shortly. Note the little “print” icon at the top of the Program; it makes it easy to print a copy if you need one for your travel request or other purpose.
Registration will open shortly. In the meantime, here is the fee structure for this year to help with your planning:
- Symposium registration
- $299 per person for Sympoisum registration, Friday-Saturday (includes keynote luncheon on Friday).
- $225 per person for 3+ people registering together (team rate)
- $99 for administrators-in-training (i.e. in an administrator preparation program but not currently working in an administrator position)
- OER Summit (Symposium registration required)
- $49 for AM only (OER 101)
- $99 for PM only (Deep Dive into OER)
- $129 full day (includes AM and PM sessions + luncheon)
- Thursday workshops (Symposium registration required)
- $99 for 3-hour workshops (except OER 101)
- $199 for Google Workshop for Educational Leaders
- Get a Tablet and Put It to Work (Fee includes device you choose.)
- $599 iPad Air
- $499 iPad Mini
- $399 Chromebook
- $1,049 Surface Pro
December 26th, 2013
We have a great program taking shape! Notices went out just before Christmas to proposals that have been accepted as concurrent sessions. Here is just a sampling of the topics you can look forward to:
- Leveraging Resources and Partnerships to Implement a Blended Learning Environment
- STEM ++ Leadership Using Invent to Learn and Creative Technology Integration to Meet Common Core
- Make the Shift: Thought-Provider or Thought-Provoker
- Common Core: Shaft or Shift
- Choosing the right Device to support the Smarter Balanced Assessment
- Nurture Innovation in the Classroom with 20% Time
- In your Face–Current Thinking on Bullying and Cyberbullying
- To Infographics & Beyond: Assessment, Projects, Research, Collaboration & More
- Identifying Quality Apps, Websites, and Games for Learning
- Lead Forward: Creating a School of Twenty First Century Learners
- AutoCrat – Merge data from Google Forms to a Google Doc
- Twitter Time for Administrators
- Facilitating 21st century Learning with Technology- Navigating the Change with a 20th century Mindset.
- Reinventing Learning Spaces for a Mobile World
- Open Education Resources – Open Classes & Engaged Students
- Become a Productive School Leader with Your iPhone/iPad!
- Digital Learning Partners: Collaboration with Union Leaders
- Five Mindset Shifts in Millennial Educators